Brampton Orthodontic Braces
Orthodontic Braces in Brampton
Getting a picture-perfect smile is a dream that many individuals may have however only a few people manage to have the perfect smile naturally. This does not mean that those who don’t have it cannot do any thing about it. The science has evolved in every aspect and we have also experienced advancements on the field of dentistry. Today we have the technology and knowledge of how to deal with specific dental problems effectively.
Orthodontic braces are also known as dental braces are one of the most effective methods used to align and straighten crooked teeth, correct the person’s bite and reduce spaces or gaps between teeth.
Dentists at KM Dental Group bond the brackets to the teeth of the patients with composite resin and then cure it with light until the resin hardens. Following this, a metal wire is used to apply the pressure on the teeth in order to shift them to the desired position.
The time of adjustment can be different for different patient but on average, it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get adjusted. The patients are then advised to wear braces for anywhere between twelve months or two and a half years, depending on the need and specifications by the dentist.
To determine if you are a good candidate for dental braces you should schedule a consultation with our office. While each of our patients will receive personalized care at KM Dental Group, the process involved for Orthodontic Braces Brampton are through these steps:
- A detailed examination of your mouth which may include x-rays and impressions of your teeth to determine the alignment, bite and oral health.
- Dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease should be treated prior to start of any treatment.
- Molds of your mouth may be taken in order to develop a treatment plan.
- Surfaces of the tooth are prepared, brackets are cemented and metal wires are placed and secured
- Instructions will be provided in order to ensure braces are maintained and teeth are kept clean while on treatment.
- Scheduled appointments are made to adjust and move wires as required
- Routine checkups are essential during treatment
- Upon end of treatment, the braces are removed and a retainer is given to ensure fantastic results.